Sunday, April 20, 2014

What if

Matthew 25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Many people are familiar with this scripture. I had a thought yesterday when I was a little bit frustrated with someone, what if that person was Christ, how would I be treating them, then I thought of that scripture and I realized that I should treat everyone as if they where Christ, it was easier then not to be frustrated. But during the day as I continued to think about this concept of actually treating everyone as if they were Christ I also realized that even thought it is a good thing to strive for, it is not going to be easy, but what good thing is. Later in the day as I mentioned the concept to my husband he said "Yeah but Christ isn't going to do bad things to you or treat you wrong and on and on, blah blah blah" My response to that is that you are only responsible for your actions, not what the other person is doing, so it doesn't matter what so in so is doing wrong you can still treat them right.

No comments:

Post a Comment